Engagement is a less formal event before the big wedding event in a couple’s life. An engagement photoshoot is quite significant as it reflects the couple’s personalities and captures their sweetest and carefree moments together.
You would definitely want to look your best in your engagement photos. These photos might end up on your social media accounts or even on the walls of your house. However, you should never go out of the way in order to look gorgeous for your photographs.
As a professional photographer at Ritzy Studio, let me tell you about what to wear for your engagement photoshoot for your photographs to turn out perfectly well.
- The most important thing to consider is that the purpose of engagement photos is to show yourself in your truest form and manifest your true personalities. Always wear something that expresses you well. Never go for such outfits that do not define your personalities. You would end up displaying awkwardness and it is the last thing that we want in photographs.
- Always wear something that makes you feel comfortable. Wear dresses according to your body types for maximum comfort and convenience. Do not go for heavy dresses as they will tire you out and you might not be able to finish the photoshoot. I have seen some of the Eastern couples making this mistake and they always get tired before finishing their photoshoots.
- Go for pastel or neutral colors. Engagement photoshoots should be less formal. Therefore, the dresses you choose for yourself should also be less formal. You would not want to draw everyone’s attention on your bright colored dresses instead of your happiness and pure feelings for each other. Therefore, go for light-colored dresses.
- Do not match your partner’s outfits. You would not want to look like twins. You can match or complement your partner’s outfit but matching outfits with your partner is not a good idea.
- Think about the place where you are going to get your photoshoot done and dress accordingly. If you are getting a photoshoot done at a beach, go for an outfit that complements a beach theme. If you are getting a photoshoot done with snow all around you then you must wear something warm and cozy for your optimum comfort.
- Do not change into different outfits throughout your photoshoot. Stick to only two outfits that you find comfortable enough. You can also layer your outfits for different clothes without having to worry about changing your outfit. This will save you a lot of time.
- Wear something that you would feel confident in. The more confident you are the perfect the pictures will turn out.
Engagement photoshoots should always make you look like you are having fun with your partner and are comfortable. They should bring out your most innocent and pure feelings for each other. It is only possible when you are comfortable and carefree. Therefore, your outfit plays a vital role in your successful engagement photoshoot. Dress wisely!